Skip to main content

Not going to the gym.Supermarket prices creeping up for Christmas Holiday. Still on 5.2 Diet on the second starving day!

I've never kept a diary or journal. Not a complete one. The last complete one was when I was about 15 years old and was only because everyone else was keeping on. You know the whole 'teenage secret dairy' with lots of hearts with hidden crushes and stuff.

So this is kinda something new. Anywho. Went to work and it was so so. Deadlines coming up. Then I'm on the 2nd of 2 day of 5.2 diet. I'm sure I eat way more than what is allowed. Anyway I had some pititful fruit salad for breakfast. Got that from Sainsburys. Then some bean salad which I had with jacket potato. Got into the whole 'exercise vs diet' debate.

My colleague also gave good advice about shopping online. She's addicted to special offers so says shopping on-line cuts it out. I know that when I used to go to weight watchers, yeah, I did, the leader suggested that helped too.

I dislike exercise  and I know this is fad but so is exercising. I start with an expensive gym membership - which by the way I still have - joined about this time last year. I go a few times then quit. Okay I frequently go for hydropool and steam. Maybe a run now and again but nothing to justify the amount spent on membership.

My boss who is super fit. I mean super fit, says I should walk more. I tend to take the bus to and fro to the train station, she does a brisk walk, swimming and spinning. And other stuff. She's super fit. I once did the gym for a week running but fell out of the routine. I have lots of excuses so no point listing them here. Just fair enough to say, I'm not a gym bunny.

Stayed a bit late and was starving so I had a tinned of sweetcorn, I'd stashed away in the office kitchen cupboard a while ago. I meant to have it with tuna but never got round to opening it.

Came back home. Nothing interesting apart from stupid people who never move down the train carriage. They like to hang at the doors. The most annoying thing is because of these dipsticks I miss out on a seat. Some one who comes in from another door naps the seat before I do. Another grip is when people start getting fidgety or shifty or packing their stuff together before a stop. Normally a sign they are going to get off so I can have a seat. Not. They are people who just do that for the stake of doing it. Annoying.

Still starving I went to my local supermarket to get something to eat. Ended up buying some mangos which have increased by from £2.50 to £2.75. Supermarket prices are creeping up for Christmas. In the Britain the most expensive time to go food shopping is Christmas Eve. Around now everyone starts to slowly hike up prices or do those Christmas specials. Which reminds me my colleague is looking forward to Black Friday shopping. Not that we have that here in the UK, but he's taken off the day. Last year it was a big thing so maybe he'll get a plasma screen for a tenner.


 I actually went to the supermarket for some Edmame beans but they still didn't have any. Got some grapes too. I know out of season but it's either that it breaking this day on some chocolate or huge chunk of bread and better.

My critique partner finished my last chapter with great suggestions. She's been so supportive and had really kept up my motivation and morale when writing this novel. It's nice when it's not just family reading stuff.

So I'm thinking of making into a series and a few spin offs. We'll see. I'm pondering over some so probably might write those at some point, maybe even before releasing this one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here. 

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed.