Skip to main content

I'm back with GOOD NEWS

My dear online friend,

Welcome to my blog. How are you? I hope all is well with you and you are doing fine. What friend you may think? I guess that is what you are, as long as you are reading this blog, that makes you an acquaintance of sorts. And pardon the familiarity, no matter how fleeting the relationship is, in this modern online world, you are a friend of at least this blog.

Lots have been happening. As normal a straight update about my goal.

YAY! I am now officially an Associate.

I think I am. Well it was touch and go for the last few weeks. I even had to go to my former's boss's home to get my final sign-off. She was exceeding kind and generous, since at the last minute I had a massive panic over getting a sign off (and verification). So a good 48 hours before I contacted her via Linkedlin - good old social media - and asked if she could sign me off. Less than 24 hours before the event, she replied me and confirmed she would.

She read through my report and signed it off. YAY!!! So least that was completed. However I still had to print off some paper. So on the morning of my assessment I was walking the streets looking for an Internet cafe with printing facilities. No such luck. It appears with WiFi all of these places have now closed down. I considered going to work but that was too far.

Anyway luckily the public libraries open early and I was able to print off a copy of what I needed. Go home in a made dash and made my way to the interview. It was interesting and not at all, what I expected. However RESULT.

So yes, now I have letters after my name and I am a Chartered Management Accountant with the right to put GCMA, AIMA after my name. YAY! Yes, mate, I'm now a qualified accountant. Being unqualified was the bale of my career. It just meant in this day and age I was stuck and could not progress beyond a certain point, even though I had about ten years' work experience. Also as a qualified accountant one is more positioned in the market place, with a reasonable amount of bargaining power - or so I'm told. Right now, I'm enjoying the fact I've actually qualified.

I'm taking a breather. One of my favourite childhood songs was The Gambler sung by Kenny Rogers and the chorus
You've got to know when to hold 'emKnow when to fold 'emKnow when to walk awayAnd know when to runYou never count your moneyWhen you're sittin' at the tableThere'll be time enough for countingWhen the dealin's done

Well now the dealing done, I can consider the options. Oh and the biggest lesson I learnt, get your work signed off as you go along. Don't wait until the last minute like I did. I'm just lucky I could get in contact with all my former employers.

I also need to send thank you cards to all my verifiers...I had to go back ten years. Always leave a workplace on good terms, I always have since you never know when you'll need a good reference. My first Finance Director is super cool. I was so blessed to start off under her because I gained a wonderful and solid foundation in accounting, which allowed me to progress well in my career.

Actually she recently won a prize for her department. I've been very fortunate to have worked for professionals from whom I could learn new skills from - I still am. That is paramount in the professional world. The first is like what you do, and make sure it keeps you engaged, and secondly keep yourself on your toes in terms of professional development. Most professional bodies have it as a requirement that members attend a certain amount of hours doing CPD - continuous professional development - every year.

What do I like about accounts? It's not just about bean counting or just figures. It gives one a different perspective and insight to an organisation. The way people deal with money is interesting - be it their own or someones or an organisation's. What's even more interesting is the old saying 'Put your money where your mouth is'. How money is spent or invested reflects decision making. I find it fascinating. It's interesting and with the right mix of people in the team it can be good fun.

Moving on, I had other goals to cover like sticking to an eating plan but I must confess with the anxiety of the getting my application together that all went to pot. I think I may have gained a few pounds.

So nothing more to talk about...yes my nose has been to the grindstone. But with exams over, and my application submitted and accepted I can now get back to a sense of normalcy in my life.

Thanks for reading this, and hope to catch up soon.

Cheers

BDxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed. 

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here.