Skip to main content

Celebrating My Hard Work At The Shard London

Hello Online Friends, Readers and the Generally Curious,

Hope it's being a good week for all.

Things have been fairly busy but I'm working on a schedule so I can do posts regularly - well I'm thinking maybe once or fortnight or more....  I will be posting an update on my goals, not done very well on the weight loss aim due to many things. Anyway.

Big news is that I got invited to Hutong at the Shard by my big cousin - a very successful and top UK vocal coach in the UK music industry - for a family meal and to celebrate successes. Yeah, you know I recently became an Associate and qualified accountant.


It was smart dress code so I had to buy a new frock and pair of shoes for this occassion. So I went to Oxford Street and got an inexpensive dress from Marks and Spencers. It was reasonable since I was going to accessory with some designer jeweller - a jade and gold necklace I bought years ago. And by the time I had a full face of makeup I would look very nice.


Shoes were a problem. The Russell and Bromley shoe was closed for refurbishment so I had to walk down to Regent's Street branch. I normally like kitten heels but I had budgeted like £150 however all the shoes were in the £200 range. So I then walked to J Crew - a fairly new addition to Regent's Street. I'd never been inside this store before. It was very interesting - nice summery cheerful colours set in an American layout. Didn't find the shoes I wanted so I ended up in Clarks. Surprisingly, I managed to find a smart decent and comfortable pair for £50 which was a third of my budget.


I rushed home, got dressed and dashed down the tube. For some reason I went to the wrong platform. However I arrived early at the Shard. There are so many entries. One for the offices, another for veiwing London - not sure I'd every want to do that. Then the hotel and finally the 32th floor entry where the resurants are situated.

Bags are x-rayed before entry like an airport, and the lift is express to the 32nd floor.


I treated myself to an orange juice and waited in the bar for my sister and cousin.

There was even a wedding proposal - some dude got down on his knee and asked his girl-friend to marry him. How sweet - so we all clapped.



The food and service was lovely and I really enjoyed myself with my family.
So below are the pictures!







Comments

  1. Ya don't say? Im disslyxic, too Halleluia But, yet, alas! in our RITEn, I dont appear to actually have dyslexia, I hide it withe 'freedom lies in being bold' -Robert Frost. Shhh! Dont tell. Lemme fill-you-up withe avant-gardeness and wisdom necessary to achieve Seventh-Heaven, dear...

    Wanna find-out the fax, Jak, in a wurld fulla the 'power of cowards'? Wanna wiseabove to help a 'Plethora Of Wurdz' [POW!] which are look'n for a new home in thy novelty??

    Q: But [gulp] can anyone tell me the difference between K2 plus IQ? A: Nthn. In Heaven, we gitt'm both for eternity HeeHee Need a few more thots, ideers, wild wurdz (whoa, Nelly! easy, girl) or ironclad iconoclasms?

    VERBUM SAT SAPIENTI: As an ex-writer of the sassy, savvy, schizophenia we all go thro in this lifelong demise, I wanna help U.S. git past the ping-pong-politics, the whorizontal more!ass! we're in (Latin: words to [the] wise)...

    "This finite existence is only a test, son," God Almighty told me in my coma. "Far beyond thy earthly tempest is where you'll find tangible, corpulent eloquence". Lemme tella youse without d'New Joisey accent...

    I actually saw Seventh-Heaven when we died: you couldn't GET! any moe curly, party-hardy-endorphins, extravagantly-surplus-lush Upstairs (in [the] end without end -Saint Augustine) when my o-so-beautifull, brilliant, bombastic girly passed-away due to those wry, sardonic satires.

    "Those who are wise will shine as brightly as the expanse of the Heavens, and those who have instructed many in uprightousness as bright as stars for all eternity" -Daniel 12:3, NJB

    Here's also what the prolific, exquisite GODy sed: 'the more you shall honor Me, the more I shall bless you' -the Infant Jesus of Prague.

    Go gitt'm, girl. You're incredible. See you Upstairs. I won't be joining'm in the nasty Abyss where Isis prowls
    thesuperseedoftime.blogspot.com
    infowars.com
    -YOUTHwitheTRUTH
    -------------------------------
    PS Need summore unique, uncivilized, useless names? Lemme gonna gitcha started, brudda:

    Oak Woods, Franky Sparks, Athena Noble, Autumn Rose, Faith Bishop, Dolly Martin, Willow Rhodes, Cocoa Major, Roman Stone, Bullwark Burnhart, Magnus Wilde, Kardiak Arrest, Will Wright, Goldy Silvers, Penelope Summers, Sophie Sharp, Violet Snow, Lizzy Roach, BoxxaRoxx, Aunty Dotey, Romero Stark, Zacharia Neptoo, Mercurio Morrissey, Fritz & Felix Franz, Victor Payne, Isabella Silverstein, Mercedes Kennedy, Redding Rust, Phoenix Martini, Ivy Squire, Sauer Wolfe, Yankee Cooky, -blessed b9 ...shake well B4 use!

    God blessa youse
    (trust-N-Jesus)
    -Fr. Sarducci, ol SNL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My African American & Black Love Romance Adventure Nearly Ready After Four Years.

Thanks for dropping by and taking the time to read this. This post is going to be about my upcoming black love and African American contemporary romance release, which I think tentatively will be late this year or early 2024. It will be a six-part serialised novel, and I'll reveal the date nearer the time. It has been five years since my last black love romance novel. I have two novellas published on Amazon, and I'm  pleased to finally say, I'm about to publish again. It's been a long time.  I planned to release this book in February 2019, but after a long writer's block and other things, it had taken me this long to complete it.  If you follow this blog on and off, I've spoken about it a lot over the years. I'm thinking maybe I should relabel those blog posts as a series of how it developed.  The Story Description The names have changed well from Angelica to Pippa but it's fine.  Everyone wants someone special but PIPPA MILLER thinks not her. She

On holiday And Vacation in Alcudia,Mallorca

I'm on a holiday break in Mallorca, Spain. So this means a I won't be writing the prompt. On holiday, I normally have a break from  the internet though it's difficult nowadays with free WiFi. The hotel is okay. A four star on the lower end of the scale - this means no kettle and renting the safe.   The higher end have more add ons. The room are tiny but functional and nice however in fairness it is a beach holiday destination so I doubt there is much lounging around. Food is okay. Superb beach. Everyone seems laid back and relaxed. 

Finally I'm getting close to a release date for my urban Black Love African America Romance now Pippa & Leyton

I'm working on a pre-release campaign and it isn't going how I'd like it. However if you have being reading me on and off, you'll know I've been writing some novels-in-progress for the longest times!  I stopped writing about it because it just got EMBARRASSING especially when I planned to release this book in 2019. Yes, five years ago! But it's nearly there.  Leyton & Pippa The heroine started off being called Angelica but I kept on misspelling it so I changed it to Pippa. If you look under the label Angelica & Leyton a lot will come up.  Anyway I'm exciting to say, I'm getting reading for publication soon.  Its going to be a six-part serialised instalment, and I'll have details nearer the time.  Maybe A Six Months Countdown I'm planning between three to six months, however when the details are clear, I'll write a post. I'm also doing an extended blog posts on another blog but I'll keep it short and simple here.